Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The four eras of a race car driver





I couldn't help but remember the song lyrics that said, "Son, you're going to drive me to drinkin' If you don't stop driving that Hot Rod Lincoln". The closer it gets to the green flag the later I work on the car. Today I tackled one of the items on my To-Do list that I have really wanted to get done but every time I got started I was pulled away for something else. It was building a tunnel to cover the shifter and shift linkage as well as give me the surface I wanted to install both ignition boxes and adjustable timing controls for each ignition box. For the most part it is now complete and all I have to do is install the last adjustable timing control when it gets here in the next few days. Then I will sanitize the wiring for them and install the knock sensor monitor where it will be easy to see while driving. And hey, after I was done naturally I tried it out and it worked!

Since it's difficult to work under the dash with the seats bolted in I have been waiting to finalize all this under dash wiring before installing them.

Today when I checked on the special order power steering hoses I ordered the aluminum drive shaft so let's hope they get it right the first time. With any luck the power steering hoses should be here tomorrow.

No comments: